Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Notation on card indicates this is Norman's favorite breakfast treat. Dated 1944.
- 1 pound baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces finely diced Ham, cooked and crumbled
- 2-ounce jar sliced pimentos
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salsa or yogurt (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- butter square baking dish or other small casserole.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thin.
- Arrange half of potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with half of Ham.
- Arrange remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining Ham and pimentos.
- Beat eggs, milk and chives until blended.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.