Contributed by Sylvia at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 40
Dry ingredients Edit
- 2 cups white self-rising cornmeal mix
- ½ cup self-rising all purpose flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Wet ingredients Edit
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Then mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together (adding extra milk if needed).
- Drop about 1 heaping tbsp in to 350°F frying shortening and fry till golden brown.
- As soon as I dip them out I salt them and cover with a dry cloth towel.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Drop them on a cookie sheet with wax paper and freeze then put in to a zip lock bag.
- It will take a little longer to cook.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.