Dutch meat and potato salad. This traditional Dutch recipe is a hearty salad, but is mostly eaten as a snack on the run.
- ¼ lb chopped cooked cold left over meat or Spam (ham, roast beef, chicken, etc.)
- 2 cooked beets, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 8 medium cooked potatoes, chopped (preferably less starchy white potatoes, not russets)
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 6 pickled pearl onions or 4 fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 pickle, chopped
- Cubed Tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Full Cream)
- 1 dash Maggi seasoning (or Kitchen Bouquet seasoning, or soy or Worcestershire)
- salt and pepper
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.