- 1 x 1-pound can beans (limas, pinto, kidney, or black-eyed peas)
- 3 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- ¼ to ½ cup oil
- 1 to 2 chile peppers or ½ to 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Drain beans.
- Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil until onions are transparent and soft.
- Add beans, chilies, and salt.
- Continue sautéing about 5 minutes more.
- Dried beans may be used.
- Soak 1 cup beans overnight.
- Simmer until tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.