This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups shredded coconut toasted
- 1½ cups toasted chopped nuts
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- Soften ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together cereal, coconut, nuts, sugar and butter.
- Spread half of the cereal mixture into the bottom of baking dish then spoon ice cream over top smoothing with back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle remaining cereal mixture over top and freeze until set.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes then cut into squares.