- one to two cups raw peanuts, shelled and skins removed
- two tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- one Onion, chopped
- two or three pounds of collard greens, pumpkin leaves,
- sweet potato leaves stems removed, washed, rinsed, and chopped
- salt (to taste)
- cooked cabbage (optional)
- leftover cooked Beef, Chicken, or fish (optional)
- Grind, chop, or pound peanuts into a fine powder.
- Bring a few cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the peanuts, tomatoes, and Onion.
- Cook on high heat for several minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in greens.
- Add salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add water if mixture becomes dry and starts to scorch.
- Continue cooking until greens and peanuts are reduced to a thick sauce.
- Adjust seasoning and add optional ingredients.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.