Serve with Salad, pitta bread and hummous. This is a wonderful Middle Eastern dish.
- 1 medium water yam.
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh pepper(ground)
- ½ teaspoon locust beans
- 1 tablespoon meat or chicken stock.
- 100 ml palm oil
- 450 gm (16 ounces) smoked dry fish
- 2 magi cubes
- salt (and condiments if desired)
- Ground the Onion.
- Peel water yam.
- Wash the yam, and grate it.
- Put the grated yam in a deep cooking pot.
- Add all the ingredients except fish.
- Add 250ml of water and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bones in the fish, break it, and wash.
- Add the fish to the mixture.
- Mix the grated yam together, and add salt.
- Take a small scoop and drop it into the soup until it is used up.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 30–40 minutes until yam is cooked.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.