- 4 servings
- 800 g [1 lb 8 oz] ground beef
- beef and veal bones
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- Fill a large pan with cold salted water, add the bones and the vegetables (1 tbsp pesto sauce can be added as well according to your taste).
- Boil for approx. 1 hour, then add the meat and cook for 2 hours.
- Don't forget to skim the stock from time to time.
- Serve the meat with mustard or typical sauces.
- The "bollito" is one of the most favourite dishes in Lombardy and was often enjoyed in the past at lunch.
- The meats vary according to the season: beef and capons were enjoyed during wintertime and the ones who could afford it enjoyed this dish also during springtime.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.