- 4 – 5 equivaltent sized aubergines
- 5 – 6 tomatoes
- 5 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic
- half a lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 spoonful breadcrumbs
- half a cupful sunflower oil
- Separate the stalks from the aubergines and carefully hollow them.
- Cook in oil and some water and stuff with a mixture prepared as follows: brown the finely chopped onions in same oil.
- Add the grated carrots and celery and when tender, also the grated tomatoes, finely chopped garlic and parsley, the bay leaf, pepper and salt.
- Stuff the aubergines, top with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a moderate oven.
- Serve cold garnished with slices of lemon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.