- Wash the chestnuts thoroughly. Place them in a large bowl and cover them with water. Leave to soak overnight.
- Next day remove any loose pieces of skin. Preserve water for boiling the chestnuts.
- A pressure cooker will save much of the cooking time.
- Follow instructions given with pressure cooker. in any case allow to boil until tender.
- Add the other ingredients and continue cooking for about half an hour.
- If the stew is still watery at this stage reduce it by further cooking.
- Taste for sweetness and add more cocoa, if necessary.
- Serve hot (Good on a cold Wintery night)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.