Baked carrot ring
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese — grated
- 1 cup carrots — grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs — separated
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 cups creamed peas (or mushrooms)
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour, gradually and stir until smooth.
- Stir in alternately, a little at a time, the cream and the Cheese.
- Add carrots, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Bake in a buttered ring mold coated with bread crumbs. Fill not more than ⅔ full. Set in a pan with enough hot water in it to come halfway up on the mold. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until firm, in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Unmold on a platter.
- Fill center of ring with tiny creamed peas or mushrooms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.