Served chilled these apples baked in coconut milk would make an unusual and cooling dessert to end a spicy meal. If you prefer you can cook them in the microwave on HIGH for 6-8mins instead.
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25 – 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 (400g) can coconut milk
- 100 g / 4 oz caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, split
- 4 Bramley apples, halved and cored
- pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds to serve
- Place the coconut milk, sugar and cardamom pods in a pan and gently bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Set to one side to allow the cardamom to infuse the milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / Fan 160 °C / 350 °F / Gas Mark 4. Place the apples cut side down in an ovenproof dish, pour over the coconut milk, cover the dish with foil, then ovenbake for 25 – 30 mins or until the apples are tender. Cool then chill.
- Serve the apples in small bowls with chopped pistachios or pomegranate seeds to decorate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.