This Recipe Came From an Estate Sale from The Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- 1 package sausage links
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- Chop sausage and heat large nonstick skillet over medium-iigh heat until hot.
- Add sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onion and cook and stir until vegetables are tender
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Top each muffin half with ¼ cup filling and 1 slice cheese
- Bake just until cheese melts and serve hot.
contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.