Description[edit | edit source]
Elbow macaroni salad. A cool delicious summertime treat that is sure to be a welcomed side dish at any family barbeque or block party. A great traditional pasta salad perfect for summer grilling! Keep the salad cold by placing the salad bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice.
- By Chef Antonio Cecconi
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
- Serves 8 (side dish servings)
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 16 ounces Dreamfields elbows (one box)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon [salt]]
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cucumber, diced ½ -inch
- 1 cup broccoli floret tops
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing with vegetables.
- Add pasta and toss gently with other ingredients until well coated.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
- Calories (kcal) 257 | Protein (g) 10 | Carbohydrates (g) 20 | Fat (g) 4 | Saturated Fat (g) 1 | Cholesterol (mg) 5 | Sodium (mg) 340 | Total Dietary Fiber (g)* 5