- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 4 lrg eggs
- 2 cup Ground blanched almonds, about 10 oz.
- rose water, optional
- 6 doz whole almonds, approximately
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease several large baking sheets.
- Sift together the flour, cardamom, salt, and baking powder. Beat the Sugar and eggs until light and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture, then the ground almonds.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls, moistening your hands with rose water, if desired. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly. Press a whole almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake until lightly browned about 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Makes about 72 cookies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.