- 2 cans of garbanzo beans - (15 to 19 oz ea) drained, and with 1/3 cup liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 2 to 3 lemons)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy and no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- This recipe yields 4 cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.