This delicious Irish recipe can be served as a snack (with tea or coffee) or a dessert to finish off a great dinner.
- pastry dough
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch pie pan or baking dish with pastry dough.
- Use a fork to prick the dough.
- Mix apples, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter.
- Mix using a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Put apple mixture in the pie crust and smooth the surface.
- Cover apple mixture with the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the crumble.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.