A delicious Irish dessert to finish off any meal.
- 5 ounces flour
- 5 ounces water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 large cooking Apples
- 4 ounces Sugar
- lemon juice
- oil for deep frying
- Make batter ahead of time, at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Sift flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter, some water and egg yolks.
- Beat until mixture is smooth. Add the rest of the water.
- Let batter stand for an hour.
- When ready to cook the fritters, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter mix.
- Peel, core and slice Apples (1/2 inch thick). Dip in and coat Apples with the batter.
- Deep fry in very hot oil. Apple fritters are done when they turn golden.
- Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with Sugar and lemon juice before serving. Makes 4 servings.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.