- Makes 12 servings.
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small savoy cabbage or ½ medium head green cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, green part only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup fat-free or low-fat buttermilk
- Put potatoes in a saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are still a little hard (do not cook potatoes until soft).
- Drain and cut into strips.
- Set aside.
- Quarter cabbage.
- Remove core.
- Shred into ½-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots and scallions.
- In another bowl, mix vinegar, mustard powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add in oil.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.
- Add in potatoes and mix again.
- Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.