Description[edit | edit source]
Mulligatawny is a traditional Indian soup that takes considerable time to cook.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ lb scrag neck of lamb
- white pepper
- ½ small turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 small apple
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 blade of mace
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 oz corn flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Remove excess fat off lamb.
- Fry in large pot until fat runs.
- Slice and dice turnip, carrot, onion and apple.
- Place diced vegetables in a large pan and fry in the lamb-fat for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and fry until golden brown.
- Add apple, parsley, thyme and mace.
- Mix corn flour and water before adding it to the pan.
- Stir continuously.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add curry powder.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Take out meat and remove bones.
- Chop into pieces and put back to soup mixture.
- Season soup with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.