Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb flour
- ½ lb currants
- ½ lb raisins
- ¼ lb mixed peel
- ¾ lb brown sugar
- 2 tbs mixed spice (nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 tsp rind of one lemon
- ½ lb butter
- 1 ts bicarbonate of soda
- 1 bottle Guinness or stout
- 4 eggs
- Sift the flour and cut in the butter.
- Add the fruit, spice, peel, etc.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat Guinness or other stout and pour it over the bicarbonateof soda.
- Pour stout and eggs over dry ingredients.
- Mix well and beat for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a well-greased 9 by 13 pan in a moderate oven, 350 °F, for 2½ - 3 hours.
- Keep for a week before cutting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.