- 450 g minced Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 75 g carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 275 ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 900 g potatoes, peeled
- 50 g butter
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry onions for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- In the same pan, fry and cook the Beef. Add salt and pepper.
- Put vegetables back in pan.
- Add thyme and parsely. Add flour and stir.
- Gradually add beef stock to the mixture.
- Add tomato puree and reduce heat to low. Let mixture cook for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, boil potatoes for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain water. Add butter and mash potatoes.
- In a baking pan, pour meat and vegetable mixture.
- Spread mashed Potato on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden on top.