Great served with salad and biscuits.
- Contributed by Ray at Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- 1 x 3 lb chuck roast, excess fat trimmed away
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- 2 x 12 oz cans of Irish stout
- 1 can (14½ oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- In a 8 qt pressure cooker placed over medium heat, add the bacon slices and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pot and add the chuck roast.
- Brown the meat on both sides.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the potatoes, carrots and garlic.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the pot.
- Check the level of the liquid - it should rise to just cover the meat. If necessary, add more stout.
- Seal the pressure cooker and cook under high pressure for 40 – 60 minutes.
- Reduce pressure using quick pressure release method.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and garlic.
- Bring pressure cooker back to high pressure and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steam pressure reduce naturally or use quick release method.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.