From The Complete Diabetic Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup broccoli flowerets
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup cauliflowerets
- ¼ cup pimento, chopped
- salt to taste (very little for me
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine bay leaf, water, wine vinegar in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; add vegetables.
- Simmer (steam for me) until vegetables are tender.
- If you must simmer, drain, remove bay leaf.
- Add salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: 1 vegetable exchange (in the book, it said 1 starch/bread exchange cal: 51
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.