- 30 minutes preparation
- Makes 2 dozen
- 150 g flour (mehl)
- 120 g butter (1 stick + 1 tbsp)
- 60 g sugar (zucker)
- 60 g very finely ground nuts (sago, you can use almonds or walnuts)
- walnut halves
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix dough according to ingredients.
- Not necessary to chill.
- Nuts must be very fine or it will make it hard to roll out.
- Roll very thin like paper.
- And use either a small water glass or biscuit cutter to cut round discs.
- Bake in 350°F oven until lightly browned
- While cookies are baking in a small pot on stove.
- Mix 2 squares of chocolate, ¼ cup water, vanilla and 2 tbsp of butter on low heat until melted.
- Remove from stove and add powdered sugar, mix well.
- Set aside.
- When all cookies are baked and cooled.
- Fill with jelly of choice.
- Take one disc and spread jelly thinly.
- Place another on top, do this with all discs, then ice with chocolate and top with walnut half.