Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ to 3 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 x 8-ounce cans pineapple chunks (drain; reserve juice)
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown lightly. Push chicken to one side
- Add onion and cook until transparent. Pour off fat.
- Combine pineapple juice, condensed soup, ginger, soy sauce, wine and lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- Combine rice and almonds; serve with chicken and sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.