- 2 pkt Dry granulated yeast or 2 cakes compressed yeast
- 2 tbl Spoon Sugar
- 2 1/2 cup Lukwarm water
- 8 cup flour, sifted
- 2 tsp salt
- -- GLAZE:
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with:
- 1 tsp water
- coarse salt
- Dissolve yeast and Sugar in water.
- Combine with remaining ingredients. Beat well.
- Knead until smooth and soft.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. but do not let rise.
- Shape into bagels by pinching off pieces of dough.
- Roll each piece into a rope 1/2 inch thick and 6 inches long. Attach ends.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet, bruch with yolk-water mixture, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake in a preheated 425 deg. oven for about 20 minutes. until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.