- 8 eggs, room temp.
- 1 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 c. matzo cake meal
- 1/2 c. potato starch
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Separate eggs into large mixing bowl.
- Slowly beat 1 cup Sugar and salt into yolks until thick and light in color.
- Add bananas, beat 3 minutes at highest speed.
- Stir meal, starch and cinnamon.
- Fold into banana mixture, add nuts.
- Beat egg whites at highest speed until peaks (not dry).
- Continue beating and make meringue by beating remaining 1/4 cup Sugar into whites, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold meringue into banana mixture.
- Turn into 10 inch tube pan (bottom lined with wax paper).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 70 to 75 minutes until springy to touch.
- Invert pan on funnel.
- Let hang 45 minutes.
- Remove while still warm.
- Run knife around side of cake. Remove.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.