- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. orange rind
- 1/4 c. red passover wine
- 1 1/4 c. matzoh cake meal
- 2 tbsp. potato starch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 c. almonds, very finely chopped
- Separate eggs into large mixing bowls.
- Gradually beat 1 1/4 cups Sugar and salt into yolk mixture until very thick and light in color.
- Add orange juice, rind, and wine; beat at high speed until thick and light, about 3 minutes.
- Sift together meal, potato starch, and cinnamon; gradually fold into orange mixture until smoothly blended.
- Beat egg whites at highest speed until whites stand in peaks but are not dry.
- Beating continuously, make meringue by beating remaining 1/4 cup Sugar into whites, a tablespoon at a time.
- Fold meringue lightly into mixture. Fold nuts into batter gently.
- Turn into ungreased 10 inch tube pan with bottom lined with waxed paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Invert pan on funnel or suspend over cooling rack.
- Allow to hang 45 minutes.
- While slightly warm, remove by running sharp thin-bladed knife around side of pan with one long steady stroke.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.