Makes 6 servings.
- ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground marjoram
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook beef in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add onion; cook 3 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in mushrooms, garlic, salt, marjoram, thyme, pepper and broth.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in rice, tomato and peas; heat thoroughly.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.