- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cupe unsweetened cocoa
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking pwoder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Whole milk Ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups water
- chocolate frosting:
- 12 ox. quality milk chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of two 9" cake pans.
- Sift dry ingredients, mix together in bowl, set aside.
- In mixer bowl, mix Sugar, oil, ricotta and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs. Beat until incorporated. On low speed, beat in flour alternately with water in 3 additions.
- Scrape bowl and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Divide equally in pans and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until cake test done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn onto plates. Frost when cakes are cool.
- Frosting: Melt chocolate over simmering water, stir until smooth, ltet cool to room temp.
- Mix sour cream into chocolate with a wire wisk. Frost the first layer,to with second layer, then frost the top and sides.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, raspberries and whippd cream as desired.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.