Makes 6 servings.
- 6 lean Pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown on both sides in oil in large oven-proof skillet. Remove chops and set aside.
- Add Onion and green pepper; cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, Sugar and rice. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.