Makes 8 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 x 9-ounce packages frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli ham, cut into strips
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in rice, creamed spinach, milk, ham and nutmeg.
- Coat 13x9-inch pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Turn into casserole, top with cheese.
- Bake in 375 °F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.