This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Meadows Estate in Wills Point, Texas in 1991.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over low heat.
- Add zucchini and celery then cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper then simmer stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat eggs with cheese and basil.
- Add remaining oil to pan and heat 1 minute.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip mixture and continue cooking second side 4 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.