- First blanch and pound sweet almonds (expose them to the air for a day or two before they are required to be pounded) with a little orange-flower water, sifted sugar, and the frothed egg whites.
- Smooth the ingredients by rubbing them well together, and add very gradually the frothed whites.
- When the paste looks soft and smooth, drop it, in quantities about the size of a walnut, through a funnel on to some wafer-paper.
- Bake on the ordinary plate, in a rather slow over, to a pale color.
- A strip or two of almond should be stuck on the top of each macaroon before baking.
- Time, fifteen to twenty minutes to bake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.