Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1½ cups dry red wine
- 28 ounces Italian-style tomatoes, broken up
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta, 1½-inch size
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a 5-6 quart pan, combine onions, garlic and 1 cup broth.
- Boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and vegetables start to brown, 10–14 minutes.
- To deglaze, stir in 3 tbsp. water to release browned bits.
- Cook, uncovered until liquid evaporates and mixture begins to brown again, about 1 minute.
- Repeat deglazing step 3 more times until mixture is richly browned.
- Add sausage and ½ cup more water.
- Stir gently until liquid evaporates and meat begins to brown, 8–10 minutes.
- Add remaining 4 cup broth.
- Stir to loosen browned bits then add wine, tomatoes and their liquid, basil, sugar, green pepper, zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Simmer until pasta is just tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, with parsley, salt and pepper.
- If made ahead, let cool, then cover and chill up until the next day.
- Reheat to simmering.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.