- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 large jalapenos, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 1/4 cup roux (recipe below)
- Melt butter and saute onions and garlic 2 to 3 minutes over medium flame.
- Do not brown. Add jalapenos, cream and seasonings and cook until onions are soft. Whisk in roux, taking care to dissolve any lumps.
- Cook 3 to 6 minutes until the starchy taste disappears and gravy is thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Blond roux
- Equal parts unsalted butter and flour, cooked for 5 minutes over medium heat until blond coloured but not browned.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.