- 4½ tbsp flour
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- ⅔ cup fresh corn
- ½ tbsp crab base (or 1 chicken bouillon cube)
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup cream
- ¾ cup Dungeness crab meat
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's whiskey
- Precook potatoes, drain, cut and set aside.
- Sweat onions, celery and corn with butter, add flour and thyme and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add water and crab base, old bay seasoning, parsley and ½ cup of the crab meat.
- Add heavy cream and bring to 180°F.
- Add potatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Jack Daniel's and remainder of crab meat just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.