Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
This is an Indian drink that eases the stomach after a heavy meal. It is tasty, digestive and beats the summer heat too.
- Salt - half-a-spoon (Rock salt if possible)
- Cumin seeds - two pinches
- Lemon - 1
- Tamarind juice (optional)
- Black pepper - a spoonful
- Coriander seeds - a pinch
- Ginger - freshly crushed
- Mint leaves - freshly crushed (optional)
- Sugar - a pinch
- Saunf - two pinches (optional)
- Carbonated water (optional)
- Ice Cubes - crushed
- Roast a mixture of cumin, saunf, coriander and black pepper to dryness. (Stir them on a shallow frying pan over flame till you get a roasted aroma).
- Grind them into powder.
- Take a glass and add salt, lemon juice, a small pinch of sugar, tamarind and mint.
- Add a few drops of juice from the freshly crushed ginger.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix them.
- Then fill up the glass with chilled water and / or ice.
- You can also fill up with carbonated water if you like (this combination releaves headache and nausea too).
- Garnish with a twig of mint. This must taste salty and tangy (sour).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.