- 2 cups margarine (please use Earth Balance!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp soy milk, mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups flour sifted with ½ tsp salt
- jam for filling
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the soymilk/starch mixture, and vanilla, and beat until well mixed.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour/salt mixture until combined.
- Roll walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb.
- Fill these with ½ tsp of jam each.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are just turning golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.