- 2 – 3 tbsp of oil
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or red pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 – 3 lbs of greens (collards, kale, mustard greens, Swiss chard, or similar); stems removed, cleaned, torn or shredded, drained
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot.
- Sauté the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and stir for a minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Add greens to pot.
- Cook over medium heat for several minutes.
- Stir greens often, but otherwise keep the pot covered.
- Add water, cover and cook over low heat until greens are tender, for 20–30 minutes or longer.
- Add salt if necessary.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.