Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 6 to 8
- 6 loin pork chops
- 3 chicken breasts, split
- 6 chicken legs (2 oz)
- whole allspice berries
- ¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp hot pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- Pickapeppa sauce
- Cut away rind and most fat from pork; remove all meat from bones, cut into pieces about 1½" thick and 3" to 4" long.
- Put pork pieces and chicken in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare seasoning, heat the allspice berries over medium heat in small saucepan 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often; 2 tbs at a time, crush berries in mortar and pestle.
- In medium bowl, combine berries, nutmeg, cinnamon, scallions, garlic, pepper and 1 tbsp vinegar; crush into pasty mixture.
- Add rest of vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Turn mixture over pork and chicken and rub meat with seasoning, coating evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook jerked pork and chicken on grill over hot coals or on gas barbecue as far from heat as possible (6" or more); cover with lid; turn meat every 10 minutes for about 1 hour, until done.
- If desired, halfway through cooking time toss 1 tsp whole allspice berries into fire.
- Cut cooked pork into ⅓" slices and serve with chicken.
- Accompany with Pickapeppa sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.