Purchased at a garage sale in McKinney, Texas in 1991. Date unknown.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds oxtails, trimmed
- 1 white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 habanero chile chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 thyme sprig
- Place oxtails in large bowl.
- Add sliced onion and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge oxtails in mixture making sure all sides are covered.
- Reserve onion.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven until hot.
- Brown oxtails.
- Remove meat from pan, drain off all but 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add reserved onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili and garlic to pan and sauté lightly, scraping up brown bits.
- Add hot water and molasses and stir well.
- Return oxtails to pan and cook over low heat for 1½ hours.
- Add thyme sprig and continue to cook 30 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.