Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into ½-inch pieces
- salt, ground black pepper, and paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet with lid or dutch oven.
- Cook chicken uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken, set aside; keep warm.
- Add celery, onions and green pepper to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in rice, broth, salt, garlic, black pepper and red pepper.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Fluff with fork.
- Serve withhot pepper sauce, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.