White bean casserole soup
- 2 cups of dry white beans
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- salt, chili powder
- Boil beans in hot water in an uncovered pot for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and boil for another 15 minutes in a covered stock pot in 3 cups hot water.
- Saute onion in olive oil until it turns yellow.
- Add 2 tablespoons bean stock from the pot along with tomato sauce, parsley, salt and chili powder for taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until a thick sauce is formed, then pour everything into the pot.
- Add chopped mint, cover tightly and cool for 2 hours over low heat, or for 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- This should produce a thick juice, covering beans by an inch.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.