A simplified alternative to teriyaki is made with chicken grilled to perfection. Poultry lovers always know it as a savory main dish on any occasion.
- 1 lb. chicken drummettes
- 1 cup sugar, white only
- 1 cup soy sauce, dark only
- 1 cup red wine
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Rinse off chicken. Combine all ingredients, except chicken, and bring to a boil.
- Leave on a low boil for 15 minutes.
- Add with the chicken drummettes. Let boil for one hour or more until it all thickens and becomes sticky.
- Then let it stand for about 10 minutes and then refrigerate. Grill the boiled chicken for 5-10 minutes, on each side.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds once arranged on platter and garnish with parsley. Serve hot and plain with white rice, as well as with any main dish, side dish, or appetizer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.