- 550 g Japanese eggplants
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ¼ bunch thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked white pepper
- Halve eggplants lengthways.
- Place eggplants in a lightly oiled roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated (350°F) oven for 45 minutes.
- Increase temperature to (400°F).
- Drizzle eggplants with half the extra oil and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To serve top with tomatoes, drizzle with remaining oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.