This Japanese sausage dish is made imperial to the taste and topped with nori sheets, wasabi, and mayonnaise, named in honor of the Japanese hot-dog eating champion Takeru Kobayashi. Ranch dressing sometimes replaces mayonnaise and then works for this for drizzling, too.
- 8 beef hot dogs, grilled
- 8 whole wheat buns, toasted
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 8 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 nori sheets, crumbled
- Steam each beef hot dog in a small pan for 5 minutes.
- Place a hot dog in each bun. Top each with half of the mayonnaise (optional), teriyaki sauce, green onions, and crumbled nori. Serve warm with other side dishes or appetizers