- 1 egg
- 1 cup very very cold water
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or tempura flour (3 oz)
- Break the egg into a bowl containing the iced water and whisk until frothy.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Beat until the flour is just mixed in.
- Do not over beat.
- Batter should be so thin that the merest wisp clings to the vegetables dipped in it.
- If it seems too thick, add a little more iced water, and keep the batter cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.