- 1 kg of rastan (see Rastan ),
- 400 gr of Veal,
- 2 dl of oil,
- 150 gr of onions,
- 80 gr of rice,
- pepper and parsley as needed,
- 200 gr of dry meat.
- Separate fresh, good and young leaves of rastan from the stem and remove the thick part of the leaf.
- Wash in cold water and boil in boiling slated sour water for a couple of minutes.
- When the leaves are blanched, take them out and put immediately into cold water so as to preserve their natural colour.
- Keep in cold water till you use them again.
- Separate Veal neck or shoulder-joint from bones, surplus tough parts and fat and cut in small pieces.
- Clean onions, wash and chop.
- Clean and wash rice, and then strain well.
- If we add dry meat when preparing japraci, it must be cut and put so that one portion contains one piece.
- Fry on grease chopped onions in an adequate heated vessel.
- Add chopped meat to onions and fry all together.
- When onions and meat are fried add the prepared rice and fry all together.
- Season the mass with a little salt, ground pepper and parsley.
- Let the prepared stuffing cool.
- Put the stuffing in leaves and roll it.
- Boil rolls in pot for 2 hours.
- Serve with kiselo mlijeko (see Kiselo Mlijeko).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.